AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Oil Filters (EaBP)Lookup Guides
AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Oil Filters (EaBP) provide the best possible filtration protection against wear and oil degradation. Working in conjunction with the engine’s full-flow oil filter, AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Filters operate by filtering oil on a “partial-flow” basis. They draw approximately 10 percent of the oil pump’s capacity at any one time and trap the extremely small, wear-causing contaminants that full-flow filters can’t remove. The AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Filter typically filters all the oil in the system several times an hour, so the engine continuously receives analytically clean oil.Higher Efficiency
AMSOIL EaBP Filters have an efficiency of 98.7 percent at two microns. At normal operating RPMs the EaBP Filter will filter all of the oil in a typical five quart sump in less than 10 minutes.Superior Construction
The superior construction of AMSOIL EaBP Filters provides better sealing and increased longevity along with superior corrosion resistance. AMSOIL EaBP Filters have a marine powder coated exterior; and their zinc-dichromate base plates increase rust protection. EaBP Filters have a nitrile HNBR gasket and an orange silicone anti-drain valve. The two stage pleated and layered cellulose/full synthetic media has an efficiency rating of 98.7 percent at two microns.Longer Lasting
When used in conjunction with AMSOIL motor oil and an AMSOIL EaO or Donaldson Endurance™ filter, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change up to 60,000 miles. When used with other brands of motor oil or full-flow filters, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change. AMSOIL recommends using oil analysis when extending oil drain intervals.Increased Oil Capacity
The increased fluid system capacity and filtration life provides improved oil cooling and ensures that equipment constantly runs on clean oil. Engine efficiency is increased, providing extended engine life.Soot Removal
AMSOIL has designed a new high-efficiency by-pass filter element that is also a soot removal device. AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Filters use a synthetic/cellulose sandwiched media. The inner layer of the element is composed of a highly efficient cellulose media covered with a full synthetic media outer layer. According to ISO 23556 testing, these filters remove 39 percent of soot contaminants less than one micron. Soot removal efficiency increases approximately 10 to 14 percent when the EaBP Filter is used in conjunction with a standard full-flow filter.By-Pass Filtration Benefits
AMSOIL By-Pass Filter Replacement Chart
- Dramatically Extended Drain Intervals
- Improved Oil Cooling
- Increased Filtration Capacity and Life
- Increased Fluid System Capacity
- Efficient Small Particle and Soot Removal
- Significantly Extended Engine Life
- Equipment Constantly Runs on Clean Oil
- Increased Engine Efficiency
- Remove Particles Less Than One Micron
- Filters can be used on sumps of larger capacity but then require more frequent replacement. Full details on service life included with filter installation instructions.
- Data determined in a non-turbo gasoline engine with AMSOIL 100% Synthetic Motor Oil and AMSOIL Ea Full-Flow Oil Filter. Service life varies in other engines (turbo and diesel) and with other oils and filters.
- Special adapters and hardware may be required for some installations.
- Contact AMSOIL INC. Technical Services for instructions before installing on vehicles with cast aluminum oil pans.