DOMINATOR® Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)Lookup Guides DOMINATOR® Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)
DOMINATOR®, an AMSOIL exclusive formulation, lubricates and protects high-performance two-cycle motors, both on and off the track. High-performance motors, particularly those that are modified, operate hotter and at higher RPM than recreational motors, and they need good oil for peak performance. DOMINATOR is engineered for racing. It has the right film strength and clean-burning properties for “on the edge” operation.
* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected.Package sizes include:
1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
1-Gallon Bottles (case of 4)
55-Gallon DrumAMSOIL 2-Cycle Oil Lineup
AIT Applications: "The Fabulous Four"
HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)
Saber Professional Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATP)
Saber Outboard Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATO)
INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (AIT)
DOMINATOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)
See Article: Two-Cycle Engine Applications and Lubrication NeedsSuper Film Strength
- Provides excellent film strength for high heat, high RPM motors
- Reduces friction for maximum power
- Recommended for use with coated or non-coated racing pistons
- Suitable for use with exhaust power valves
- Recommended for use with high octane racing gas
- Burns clean; helps prevent ring sticking and plug fouling
- Provides excellent protection at 50:1 pre-mix or in injection system
High-performance two-cycle motors have high compression ratios, which significantly increase combustion chamber heat and crankshaft bearing pressures. Hot combustion processes quickly burn off and evaporate light oils and cause rapid piston expansion, decreasing piston-to-cylinder wall clearances. This promotes piston scuffing and possible seizure, and increased pressure on crankshaft bearings promotes metal-to-metal contact, wear and pitting.
High heat and pressures require tough oil with better film strength and more lubricity. DOMINATOR, constructed with AMSOIL heavy synthetic oil, handles high heat better than mineral oils and provides improved film strength and lubricity. DOMINATOR reduces friction and provides an extra measure of protection against piston scuffing and crankshaft bearing wear.Clean Burning
High combustion processes require the proper additives and oils to control deposits. DOMINATOR contains strong, high-temperature detergent additives and highly pure AMSOIL synthetic oil. It helps prevent deposits that cause ring sticking, plug fouling and exhaust port blocking. DOMINATOR is an optimized product for severe service.Applications (2-Cycle Recommendations Chart)
DOMINATOR is recommended for use in high performance stock or modified two-cycle motors, including air or liquid cooled snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles (Moto X), ATVs, go-carts and outboard motors*. Good for use with coated or non-coated pistons, high-octane racing fuels and exhaust power valves. Compatible with most other two-cycle oils, however, mixing oils should be minimized.
Use at 50:1 pre-mix ratios (2.6 oz. oil per U.S. gallon of gas) or as injection oil where JASO FC or API TC oils are specified. Not suitable for use with alcohol or nitro-methane fuels.
* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected.